Recap: 30x30

I'm super happy that I put together this recap. When I first started, it was time-consuming and I almost gave up. But then, I thought about how great it would be to look back and see the transformation. I'm actually pretty pleased with the results!







From this challenge, I've grown A LOT. Some of this growth was totally unexpected.
These are some of the things I learned:
  • In the beginning, I didn't really know how to accessorize.  Now I know the importance of a scarf, necklace, or bracelets.  I rarely wore any of these before, and now I see how much of a difference they make in an outfit.
  • I wasn't too creative for the first little while. I think I played it safe, wearing combos that I would normally wear.  But as I got further into the challenge, I was actually challenged to come up with something new. And I'm really glad I did it.  It's given me a totally new way to look at my clothes.
  • Doing the 30x30 sucks during season transition months, especially in Canada.  I didn't wear my jumpsuit. Yep, not once. Because it was definitely not warm enough to show a bit of leg.
  • I need to really consider layering my items.  Towards the end, I struggled to make outfits work, and look original. I feel like I might have faultered here, but it's something to know for next time.
This morning, I woke up to an entire closet. And you know what I did? Asked my boyfriend if he could pick something for me to wear. I'm not even joking. I just didn't know where to start...It's so hard to have everything available to me again.  Do you know what else I did?  Went through all my clothes to remind myself what I owned. I seriously couldn't remember.

Anyways, I will have a new outfit post for you tomorrow, I promise =)

10 comments:

  1. hi kelly!
    You have such great style! I'm a new style blogger and found ya randomly! love your recap. I'm definately doing kendi's next 30 for 30! already bought the handbook haha. i'm gonna start followin ya so we can keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kelly! I can't wait to do the next round of 30x30! My favorite looks of yours were #9, 16, and 23!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the 30 for 30!! I've been wanting to try it.. but I feel like I would fail miserably, and maybe drive myself crazy. When I get frustrated with clothes my room becomes a disaster zone, watch out people!!

    Sabrina Says

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! you wore pretty outfits all month long, last week was particularly creative! love the way you belt your scarves.

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly!
    Just found your blog! Love this recap. Lots of great outfits!!

    -Mel
    Doctorly Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congarts on finishing your 30x30!
    When I was reading your post I realized that I want to take a part in the next 30x30.

    AnikMilk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your clothes. Great outfits.

    In celebration of our blog's birthday we are hosting an amazing giveaway. Stop by and enter.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats and great job! can't wait to try out the 30x30, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray to you for finishing! Your recap looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and congrats on finishing the challenge! Your outfits looked gorgeous and you're right, you definitely upped the accessories towards the end!

    I've decided to become a follow - excited to see your next challenge!!

    xoxo
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!