Mom's old clothes.




My mom's old top; American Eagle jeans; H&M flats; Fossil watch


Yes, that is a lens cap in my pocket.

I wore this outfit to work the other day. This top was my mom's from back in the '80s. I'm not used to such a high neck-line, and the sleeves are a bit poofy, but I just love the flap-closure at the front. When she saw me wearing it, she asked, "is this shirt considered vintage or just old?" ...You know what? I have no idea. Anyone got any idea when something becomes vintage? Help a sista out.

I would also say mother's day dinner was a great success. The food actually tasted decent, I didn't burn anything, and I didn't make anyone sick = success! Also, I made lemon-coconut cookies and I didn't burn them either! This is an achievement for me because I tend to over-cook foods or time the dinner really poorly (i.e. rice is ready and meat isn't even half done). Somehow it just worked yesterday. Yessssssss.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? 

14 comments:

  1. I love that black blouse - so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome blouse from your mom! I think it's considered vintage if it's 10 years or older. Glad you had a successful dinner!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That sounds good!! I love your hair in this picture!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you redo your layout? It looks different! I'm sorry if it has been this way for a while and that I can't really tell what changed but I haven't been around for a while :( Anywho, I like this outfit ^^ and you wouldn't believe the amount of photos I had to throw in the trash because I had things in my pockets like cellphones and lens caps, haha. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did re-do the layout! Don't worry - you're not going crazy :) And thanks! I always try to empty my pockets but today I forgot :(

      Delete
  5. 1. super cute outfit and 2. love the redesign:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this top! I would have def. borrowed it from my mom also. You look so cute!! And I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you're wearing this. I say call it vintage- sounds way better than old :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your simple yet so stylish look! Love your mom's top :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this simple outfit! Great necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd definitely go with vintage haha ;) And I love raiding my Mum's wardrobe for 'old' pieces - I've scored a couple of great tops that way too :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you can shop your mom's closet and actually find something good. As much as I love my mom... i'm not sure that would happen for me! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this top! So cute that it's your mom's :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!