The other day it was really hot.

Yeah,  I couldn't really think of anything creative for the title. Sorry.

But it's true. It was really hot. And because of that, boyfriend and I frolicked in the fields near our building.  I had a strong desire to wear this outfit, although it's not something I would normally wear. I'm not 100% comfortable in cropped tops, but I thought this one was fun. :)



 Shirt & shorts from F21; Shoes from Footlocker

It was so much fun, and I got to wear shorts! That I also DIY'ed. You can probably tell...these used to be jeggings from F21, but sucked...a lot. As shorts? They're pretty sweet.

Yes, I have very pale skin. It burns occasionally, but rarely tans. And you know what? That's okay. This post is for all the pale girls out there. It doesn't matter if your legs reflect the sun, your skin is beautiful and won't be gross when you're older from tanning too much. Woohoo for no skin cancer!

I'm embracing the pale.

9 comments:

  1. Yes! Hey Gwyneth Paltrow and Nicole Kidman do it - and they look fantastic! (I want one of those t's that read: "Pale is the New Tan". Love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pale is certainly beautiful! As a skin cancer survivor, I'm all about the pale ;) you look so cute! hope you had a great weekend! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look adorable! and this DIY shorts are awesome! Totally love it!
    Pale skin looks very nice, be proud! My sis has a very pale skin, she was very shy about it for a long time until finally she realized she is very cute as is.

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.. such a beautiful summer look. I think you look smokin in the crop top.

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahaha aw, you're so funny!
    Love the title. Sometimes us bloggers just run out of ideas. Nothing you can do! I got this thing for corny titles though. The cornier the better haha.

    And seriously, good for you sister! Embrace your skin and love yourself. This is a great post for all the girls who worry about tans and such.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My legs reflect the light, too. Pale lady solidarity! (:

    I wish I felt comfortable in my shorts. If I don't have tights... I don't want to walk out the door in them. I can't imagine also going with a cropped top, but you look summery and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl, i'm as pale as they come! yay for being pasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for embracing the pale! I never tan either, but yeah, like you said, I'm never going to have nasty leathery skin. :)

    And is that an elastic band on the shorts?!! That is awesome, and I totally need them :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!