FALL: Food favourites.


This weekend was the first true fall weekend of the year- a full day of rain Saturday, and it was so cold you needed gloves on Sunday. I turned to food for comfort...

For dinner, I enjoyed this recipe of Sweet Potato Fries. They came out pretty dark so next time I'll reduce the cooking time a little bit before flipping them over.
I also prepared a garlic veggie/pasta dish with carrots and zucchini, which is pretty classic comfort food for me.
For dessert, I baked this Pumpkin loaf that I found on Pinterest.  I couldn't use a loaf pan because I didn't have one, so it's more like a cake... But it's pretty freakin' awesome. Perfect for accompanying my pumpkin chai tea from David's tea (my absolute favourite tea right now).

Like I said, fall is in the air. And I can't help but enjoy all the comfort food coming my way.
What food makes you think of fall?

4 comments:

  1. My husband LOVES sweet potato fries. Perhaps I should check out that recipe so I can win Wife of the Year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sweet potato fries - yours look amazing! (even if you think they were a bit dark - I think they look perfect)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm sweet potato fries are SO yummy! And I love pumpkin anything. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Style Lately Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a busy bee! These recipes both look mouth-watering. I'm really into Costco's jalapeno-lime aioli which I'm thinking would be delish with those fries!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!