The remix effect.




American Eagle pants; Suzy Shier denim jackets; Forever 21 tee; Payless shoes

I got an interesting comment at work the other day and it got me thinking. A coworker came up to me and said "I'd love to see your wardrobe - it must be HUGE! You never wear the same thing, ever." 

Well, there are a few lies there, folks. My wardrobe isn't huge - it's big, and extremely versatile, but not huge. Also, I wear the same thing often, just never the same combination of pieces. I call this the Remix Effect. My remixing abilities are an unexpected result of being a style blogger. Ever since I started blogging with the 30x30 challenge, I haven't been able to repeat outfits. I just don't like it*. I'm always looking for new ways to pair my pieces keeping them fresh, exciting, and pushing my boundaries. Sometimes the end result is not very exciting, but sometimes I love the outcome.  Like this outfit. 

Can't get much better than a denim jacket, polka dot skinnies and leopard print flats.

*Side note: I do repeat outfits sometimes - the ones I really love, and the weekend comfy/casual looks. But I wear unique combinations much more often.

11 comments:

  1. I'm the same! Even if I really love an outfit, it's rare that I'd wear the same thing twice - because I'd normally think of another fun way to mix the pieces by then! That's what makes fashion so interesting :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those pants Kelly...and great job pattern mixing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to work more on remixing rather than buying. I think my fiance will be much happier with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had someone tell me that, I took it as a huge compliment! lol I LOVE how you've remixed these pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pants are soo freaking cute! I've been remixing my wardrobe a lot more since I can't actually afford to keep buying new stuff :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a Mint Green Statement Necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30x30 helped me start to remix more. It took me a couple of times to actually finish the challenge though! it was hard! But now it's like second nature to try to make new outfits out of what you have. Especially, since my closet and wardrobe have gotten smaller and smaller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The 30x30 is what pushed me I think. It's made it easier to think outside the box and realize the pieces that aren't working for me. I can totally understand what you mean by a smaller closet :)

      Delete
  7. I get so mad at myself when I repeat outfits, even outfits that are similar bug me....glad I am not alone! I love what you're wearing in this post, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no, you're definitely not alone. I think it's something I've picked up from style blogging because I used to do it ALL THE TIME before..

      Delete
  8. LOL I get the same reactions all the time. Truth be told, I really try to mix it up and I probably do have much more clothes than I ever need BUT the power of remixing is so amazing. You can change the shoes and accessories in an outfit and it looks brand new! I love your jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I also do have more clothes than I need. I still enjoy shopping. But you're right - shoes and accessories are the easiest to switch up! Add a scarf + heels and voila! New outfit ;)

      Delete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!